- Immediate start
- Monday to Friday
- 3 months rent free
- Attractive sign on bonus
- Substantial retention bonus paid at 2nd and 3rd year of service
- Relocation expenses paid
- Parental leave programme
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- A competitive remuneration and Professional Development package
- Work for a patient focused organisation that is making a difference to cancer care in regional areas.
About Cancer Care Associates:
Cancer Care Associates (CCA) is a leading oncology services provider in Australia that pioneered private oncology and the provision of integrated cancer care in regional communities.
The organisation is committed to evidence-based treatment in a multidisciplinary team environment. Our organisation has a focus on quality and safety and our greatest strength is our people. Through our centres we provide a personalised, rapid access service to patients, delivered by a professional, multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Scientists and Technicians dedicated to providing excellence in care.
We have an opportunity to offer a Nurse Unit Manager a position to be part of a highly skilled and dedicated team at our Wagga Wagga location- Riverina Cancer Care Centre. The successful applicant will be an integral member and be responsible for providing high quality specialist care and treatment to our patients. They will be overseeing and managing a busy Day Oncology Clinical and reportable to the Director of Nursing
You will be working closely with Medical Oncologists, Pharmacists and other Allied Health Practitioners. Your involvement with this multidisciplinary team will support you in providing exceptional care to your patients and their families.
- Deliver evidence based comprehensive oncology nursing care
- Practice in accordance with NSW Health Legislation and ACQSHC National Standards
- Lead and coordinate the nursing care team at a centre level
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team to direct patient care
- Maintain a high-level standard of care and ensure the practice of nursing is safe and efficient
- Promote and support professional development and continuous improvement within the nursing team
- Contribute and lead quality improvements on a local level and work closely with the Director of Nursing and the Quality and Clinical Governance team to ensure best practice and compliance.
- Carry out and report on management functions and processes of the unit and patient care
- Possess a high level of organizational and prioritization skills.
- Be trustworthy and reliable.
- Have a warm and compassionate personality.
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Display professional integrity and high ethical conduct
Experience & Qualifications:
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Demonstrated clinical experience in Oncology and ideally 12 months minimum experience at a leadership or management level.
- Commitment to quality and experience or willingness to contribute to quality initiatives, identification and management of risk and incident management to ensure best practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to enable, engage and manage teams
- Proven ability to create and maintain a positive workplace culture and work towards achieving a vision for the nursing team
- Sound clinical decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team and also independently
- Treat patients and colleagues with respect and inclusivity, following the Privacy Act 1988 at all times.
Learn More about Riverina Cancer Care Centre at: https://cancercare.com.au/our-clinics/
Covid 19 Vaccination Requirement
In line with the Public Health Order, all Cancer Care Associates employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. To be eligible for consideration to perform work for Cancer Care Associates, all recruits must provide evidence against COVID-19 and comply with the requirements of the Public Health Order prior to appointment.
If you are interested in this opportunity to work in a facility that provides patients with the highest quality care, using the state-of-the-art equipment and in a friendly and supportive environment, simply apply via the Seek link, uploading your Covering Letter and CV.
Salary is in accordance with NSW Health Nurses and Midwives State Award, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Successful applicants must be registered to work in Australia.For more information about this role or a Job Profile please contact the Director of Nursing on 02 6932 1000 or alternatively at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants must be registered to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director of Nursing
Cancer Care Associates