Our state-of-the-art radiation treatment facility, Northern Beaches Cancer Care, is seeking a permanent part-time Oncology Registered Nurse to join our team. We are committed to delivering exceptional care and comprehensive treatment to our patients while minimizing disruptions to their daily routines. This position is for a 0.58 FTE RN and offers a four day working week- the opportunity to work school hours and achieve a healthy work life balance!
The Oncology Registered Nurse will be responsible for providing holistic nursing care to patients undergoing radiation therapy, carrying out patient assessment and referral and providing support to both our patients and their carers.
- Deliver evidence based comprehensive oncology nursing care.
- Practice in accordance with NSW Health Legislation and ACQSHC National Standards.
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide wholistic nursing care and high-level patient assessment and referral to provide best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Deliver education and support to patients and their carers.
- Contribute to quality improvements and work closely with the Quality and Clinical Governance team to ensure best practice.
- Possess a high level of organizational and prioritization skills.
- Be trustworthy and reliable.
- Have a warm and compassionate personality.
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 12 months experience within Oncology.
- Preferred, but not essential: experience specific to radiation nursing.
- Commitment to quality and experience or willingness to contribute to quality initiatives, identification and management of risk and carry out audits to monitor best practice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sound clinical decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and also independently.
- Treat patients and colleagues with respect and inclusivity, following the Privacy Act 1988 at all times.
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of our community, taking reasonable care for yourself and others. Report any hazardous conditions, near misses, or injuries promptly. Participate in Return to Work Programs as required within Cancer Care Associates.
- Multi-skilling is an essential aspect of working at Cancer Care Associates, requiring a willingness and ability to learn and perform tasks in all areas.
If you are interested in this opportunity to work in a facility that provides patients with the highest quality care, using the state-of-the-art equipment and in a friendly and supportive environment, please click apply.
Salary is in accordance with NSW Health Nurses and Midwives State Award, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Successful applicants must be registered to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director of Nursing
Cancer Care Associates