Cancer Care Associates are thrilled to announce the opening of our new site in Macarthur, NSW in March 2024. This expansion aims to bring high quality cancer care services to the local community, offering cutting edge treatment options with a patient-centric approach.
If you are passionate about providing exceptional care to cancer patients and would like to be part of our new site launch in Macarthur, we would love to hear from you. We are seeking an experienced Medical Billing Officer looking to take the next step in their career. The role will report to the Centre Manager and the working hours are Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm.
What is involved
- General Administration duties and responsibilities.
- Manage the billing process accurately and efficiently ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- Communicate information to patients for informed fee consent by explaining our fees and patient out of pocket expenses.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to billing enquiries.
- Process receipting of patient payments, transmitting to Medicare, reconciling accounts, following up on outstanding payments and daily settlement of EFTPOS and banking of cash.
- Ensure accurate data entry, maintain and manage patients confidential information.
- Month end reconciliation and reporting duties.
Who Are You
- You are able to work independently and in a team environment.
- You have demonstrated experience providing outstanding customer service.
- You are able to confidently interact with patients and associated team members at all levels providing a welcoming and caring environment.
- You have proven experience working with empathy when liaising with patients.
- You enjoy working with compassion and are able to adapt to our patient’s individual needs.
- You will enjoy working with a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team of specialist doctors, nurses and other medical personnel providing cancer services.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunity to be part of a leading-edge cancer care centre.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Professional development opportunities.
What is required
- Proven experience as a Billing Officer or similar role in a healthcare setting.
- Proficiency in billing software, patient management software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health Insurance billing desirable
- Understanding of Medicare MBS item codes and funding mechanisms would be highly regarded.
- Previous Administration/billing experience within hospital /day hospital/specialist room setting desirable.
How to Apply
We are always interested in hearing from suitable candidates and discussing your career objectives. If you feel you meet the above criteria, please send your cover letter and resume to us. Applications will close on the 31st December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Cancer Care Associates
Cancer Care Associates (CCA) is a leading oncology services provider in Australia that pioneered private oncology and the provision of integrated cancer care in regional communities.
We are committed to evidence-based treatment in a multidisciplinary team environment. Our focus is on quality and safety and our greatest strength is our people. Through our centres we provide a personalized, rapid access service to patients, delivered by a professional, multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Scientists and Technicians dedicated to providing excellence in care.
CCA are expanding our cancer care centres with new development plans underway. Our new locations will include Taree, Miranda, and Campbeltown in New South Wales. We are growing and are committed towards ensuring our Australian communities have access to affordable, integrated cancer treatment services, not only providing essential cancer care services but reducing travel time and out of pocket expenses for cancer care patients in need.
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
How many years’ experience do you have as a Medical Billings Officer?
Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?