- Opportunity to be part of a commissioning team
- Develop your Career within an Innovative, Patient-Focused, Rapidly Expanding Company
- Permanent full time or part time available, Location Griffith, NSW
- A competitive relocation bonus after 2 years service
- Competitive relocation allowance including contribution to any sporting and community membership fees
- Parental leave programme
- RDO for full time employees
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- A competitive remuneration and Professional Development package
- Work for a patient focused organisation that is making a difference to cancer care in regional areas.
Cancer Care Associates is delighted to open a new centre in Griffith, providing Radiation and Chemotherapy treatment. The development of the Cancer Care Griffith facility will create a high-quality cancer care facility to serve the community of Griffith and beyond, while opening up new cancer care employment opportunities in the region.
We are seeking a full time or part time Oncology Pharmacist to join our Griffith team. This role presents an opportunity to assist with a rapidly growing and developing service, working in a collaborative team environment with the primary purpose to provide high quality Pharmacy services to cancer care patients, whilst specialising in our expanding Clinical Trials.
The role compromises of being involved in the preparation of a variety of parenteral cytotoxic and non-cytotoxic medications, medication reviews and reconciliation, clinical screening of Oncology protocols and clinical trial protocols, providing a clinical pharmacy service with drug information and education and managing clinical trials/compassionate access programs. Expertise in Oncology Pharmacy, hospital Pharmacy, dispensing software, aseptic manufacturing techniques, clinical trials and MOSAIQ Oncology Informatic software is desirable.
Experience & Qualifications
- Clinically review patients and their Oncology protocols
- Complete Medication reconciliation processes
- Provide education/counselling to patients
- Assist in coordinating clinical trials and compassionate access programs
- Active member in research and clinical trials
- Actively involved in our Oncology AMS program
- Attend Site Selection Visits (SSVs)
- Attend Site Initiation Visits (SIVs)
- Read, understand, review and adhere to clinical trial protocols relating to investigational product (IP) compounding (where applicable), IP accountability, standard operating procedures, and reporting of the Pharmacy’s role in clinical trials
- Contribute to quality assurance activities
- Work closely with, developing and maintaining key relationships with Oncologists
- Dispense and check prescriptions in accordance with PBS regulations
- Assist with stock/inventory management
- Compound aseptic cytotoxic and non-cytotoxic products in a pharmaceutical isolator
About Cancer Care Associates:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy or higher
- Current registration as a registered Pharmacist with AHPRA and the Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Attain Professional indemnity insurance
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable time management and organisational skills, with ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstratable ability in complex problem solving and a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team
- Strong patient focus where the patient is at the centre of every decision
- Highly enthusiastic, motivated, and quick to adapt in a supportive environment
- Demonstrable computer skills in a Windows environment, including proficiency in word processing and excel spreadsheets
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Proof of Vaccination Record for Health Care Workers
Cancer Care Associates (CCA) is a leading oncology services provider in Australia that pioneered private oncology and the provision of integrated cancer care in regional communities.
The organisation is committed to evidence-based treatment in a multidisciplinary team environment. Our organisation has a focus on quality and safety and our greatest strength is our people. Through our centres we provide a personalised, rapid access service to patients, delivered by a professional, multidisciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Scientists and Technicians dedicated to providing excellence in care.
CCA have an extensive and exciting growth pipeline ahead with new comprehensive centres under construction across NSW at Griffith, Taree, and Campbelltown, together with Radiation Oncology services to be established at the existing centres in Miranda and Wollongong. We will see our network further expand in 2024 to ensure Australian communities have access to affordable, integrated cancer treatment services, not only providing essential cancer care services but reducing travel time and out of pocket expenses for cancer care patients in need.
Covid 19 Vaccination Requirement
In line with the Public Health Order, all Cancer Care Associates employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. To be eligible for consideration to perform work for Cancer Care Associates, all recruits must provide evidence against COVID-19 and comply with the requirements of the Public Health Order prior to appointment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity to work in a facility that provides patients with the highest quality care, using the state-of-the-art equipment and in a friendly and supportive environment, simply apply here, uploading your Covering Letter and CV.
For more information about this role please contact the Chief Pharmacist, Eleanna Ballis on 02 6932 1000 or alternatively at email@example.com
Successful applicants must be registered to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.